Recipe: Vegan White Wine Steamed Mussels
If you're a fan of mussels, you'll love this Vegan White Wine Steamed Mussels recipe. Made with vegan mussels, organic Italian white wine from Defy Wine, garlic, and fresh herbs, this dish is a tasty and cruelty-free alternative to the classic seafood recipe.
- 1 bag (250g) of vegan mussels
- 1 can (250ml) organic Italian white wine from Defy Wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the vegan mussels under cold running water and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the white wine, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the vegan mussels to the pot and cover with a lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the mussels are cooked through.
- Remove the lid and use a slotted spoon to transfer the mussels to a serving bowl. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Add the vegan butter to the pot and stir until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the mussels.
- Serve hot with some crusty bread to soak up the delicious wine sauce, and enjoy!