Recipe: Vegan White Wine Braised Artichokes
These Vegan White Wine Braised Artichokes are a delicious and flavourful way to enjoy this classic vegetable. Made with organic Italian white wine, garlic, and fresh herbs, this recipe is easy to make and perfect for a fancy dinner or a special occasion.
- 4 globe artichokes, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 can (250ml) organic Italian white wine from Defy Wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut off the top third of each artichoke with a sharp knife, and trim the stem to about 1 inch.
- Using kitchen scissors, trim the sharp tips from the remaining leaves.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the artichokes to the pan, cut side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender and the wine has reduced by half.
- Turn the artichokes occasionally during cooking to ensure even braising.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, with a drizzle of the wine sauce over the top of each artichoke, and enjoy!