Recipe: Vegan Red Wine Lentil Stew
This hearty and flavourful Red Wine Lentil Stew is the perfect comfort food for a chilly evening. Packed with protein-rich lentils, fresh vegetables, and a generous splash of red wine, this vegan stew is a nutritious and satisfying meal that will warm you up from the inside out. The recipe is easy to make, and the result is a delicious and healthy dish that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegan red wine
- 1 cup dried green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the vegetable broth, red wine, lentils, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the tomato paste and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the stew and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until the stew thickens.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard. Serve the stew hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
Enjoy your delicious and hearty Red Wine Lentil Stew, a vegan recipe that's packed with flavour and nutrients. This stew is perfect for a cosy night in and will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.